Lipitor and AlcoholLipitor does not mix well with some other medications and other substances.
One side effect of Lipitor is the elevation of liver enzymes, which also takes place when you consume alcohol. Some problems could potentially arise from this situation.
Lipitor users who also drink moderate amounts of alcohol should not encounter any serious side effects. However, what's considered "moderate" for some people may be too much for others.
Another well known interaction is Lipitor and Grapefruit
Other Lipitor Interactions
In addition to watching your alcohol use while using Lipitor, talk to your doctor before buying Lipitor if you take any of the following products:
- Antacids - May reduce absorption of Lipitor.
- Antiseizure treatments such as Cerebyx and Dilantin.
- Atromid-S and other fibric acid preparations.
- Antifungals such as Diflucan, Nizoral or Sporanox.
- Garlic supplements
- Lanoxin (digoxin)
- Macrolide antibiotics such as Ery-tab
- Niacin (Vitamin B3)
- Oral Contraceptives - May lead to higher levels of hormones in the body.
- Protease inhibitors
Advertiser Links for Lipitor and Alcohol